Teach For Nigeria Fellowship Program 2020 for Young Leaders (Stipend available)
Deadline: April 4, 2020
Applications are invited for the Teach For Nigeria Fellowship Program 2020. The Teach For Nigeria Fellowship program is a 2 year full-time paid commitment that is designed to build a movement of leaders who will work towards eliminating educational inequity in Nigeria.
As a Fellow, you will set targets and work towards ambitious goals that will put your students on a different life path. The experience will not only develop your leadership skills but also give you first-hand exposure to the educational crisis in our country. It will help you develop an awareness of the wider issues relating to educational inequity – and deepen your understanding of their potential solutions.
Teach for Nigeria believes every child has the right to develop the academic excellence, and mind-sets to thrive in the classroom while gaining access to opportunity to determine their own pathways and meaningfully engage with their communities. Therefore, they ground their teacher and leadership development training on outcomes and strategies that will transform the educational trajectory of the students they serve through a rigorous and extensive training program which begins with a six weeks Training Institute.
Through the two years Fellows receive ongoing support through a combination of in-person training sessions, leadership forums, as well as online training courses and resources. Additionally, they will build partnerships with key public and private sector entities in order to develop pathways to accelerate alumni leadership in critical areas.
After the two-year program and as an Alumni, you will be supported to use these skills and knowledge to advocate for and lead educational reform in whichever path you choose.
As a Teach For Nigeria Fellow, you are a part of a movement of young leaders working to eliminate educational inequity. In addition, these are some benefits of being a Fellow:
- Opportunity to be part of a movement that is changing lives and that will change society
- Extensive leadership development training
- Intensive teacher training
- Real responsibility from day one
- Opportunity to be a part of a global network of change agents from across 52 countries
- Access to a Mentoring Programme, offering a unique opportunity to achieve professional and personal development
- Access to professional development and network of supporters
- Ongoing leadership development, coaching, business training and skills workshops
- Opportunity to design and implement a social change project
- A stipend for two years including during the school holidays.
- Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen;
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
- Be younger than 35.
Before you start your application process, click here to see how to complete the online application successfully.