Purple and Gold Scholarship at University of Washington, USA
The University of Washington is excited to announce the Purple and Gold funding for freshmen at UW Academy in the USA.
The award is open to US students who are not residents of Washington State and will enrol as full-time students at UW Academy.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Nice offer to study full-time at UW Academy.
User Review0 (0 votes)
The UW Academy is an early university admission opportunity for 10th-grade students in Washington State. It was created in 2001 in partnership with the University of Washington Honors Program.
Why at the University of Washington? At UW, UW Academy students participate in a full range of campus activities and opportunities. Academy students in their time at Washington University will pursue a variety of majors and disciplines, from neurobiology to musical performance.
Application Deadline: 4:30 PM on Monday, March 9, 2020
- University: University of Washington
- Department: UW Academy
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Amounts vary by winners
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: U.S. citizens
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Only for the United States
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The fund will award in any subject offered by the UW Academy
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- S. students (U.S. citizens, permanent residents, refugees and undocumented residents) who are not residents of Washington state.
- Students admitted to UW Academy are not eligible for the Purple & Gold Scholarship.
- Recipients are not now, and nor will they become, residents of the state of Washington for the four-year duration of the award.
- Recipients will confirm their intention to enroll at the UW for the autumn quarter by May 1 of the year they wish to enroll. May 1 is the National Candidate Reply Date.
- Recipients will enroll as full-time students, defined as a minimum of 12 credits per quarter for three quarters of the academic year.
- Full-time requirements: students should register for 12 or more credits to be considered full-time if you are an undergraduate or professional student. If you are a graduate student, you should register for 10 or more credits.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: If you are considering applying for the award, you need to take admission at UW Academy.
- Supporting Documents: Unofficial high school transcript, two letters of recommendation (One from English/Language Arts/Social Science & One from Math/Natural Sciences), application essays, and two optional recommendations
- Admission Requirements: As a part of the application, students are required to take either the SAT or the ACT Exam for applying UW Academy. Register for the ACT here or register for the SAT here.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have good knowledge of the English language (speaking, reading, and writing)
The UW Academy will provide a study fund for the recipient. Amounts vary by winners. The grant may be used only for the Seattle campus. As long as recipients maintain good academic standing, the award is renewable for four years.